The ceviche at The Unexpected Employee using our Chilon made by our Culinary Director is an ever-evolving experiment of colors and flavors. The team uses only locally caught fresh fish to re-create at home. Try always to buy the highest-quality ingredients you can find.
|Yield||Prep Time||Total Time|
|2||10 min||20 min|
|3||Tablespoon||Chilon Unique Blend|
|300||gram(s)||Medium diced Sea Bass (cut on the bias into 1-inch dice)|
|7||Piece||30/20 Shrimp (clean and unveil)|
|5||Piece||Medium diced Scallops U-7 (cut on the bias into 1-inch dice)|
|1/2||Each||Small red onion, very thinly sliced|
|1||Each||aji amarillo, rib and seeds removed, diced|
|1||Each||Mango cut in small cubes|
|1||Each||Large avocado cut in medium cubes|
- Have grill pre-greased and preheated to medium-high
- Place fish, scallops, and shrimp in a non-reactive bowl. Add 3 cups of chilled water to the fish and rinse gently—drain water.
- Add onions to remaining chilled water and let soak.
- Meanwhile, place aji, garlic, and a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle. Grind to make a paste
- Combine fish, lime and lemon juices, aji and garlic paste, and our Unique Blend Chilon. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Brush corn and place on grill. Cook about 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, divide fish ceviche among 4 cups and top with onion slices. Serve with grilled corn and garnish with avocado cubes, if desired.
- Serve with chips alongside.
- Enjoy it!
Order Yours Today!
Shop these unique blends to make this recipe at home.
Get Social With The Unexpected Employee!
Use our hashtag for a chance to be featured on our social media channels. We can't wait to see your unique creations!